At this juncture, BBCDC’s leadership seeks to “up their game” in order to expand summer programming, possibly move into more year-round offerings for youth, expand college opportunities for high school students who come from the Greater Crenshaw area of Los Angeles, and improve the narrative about our work.
Our work involves responding to priorities among the following focus areas.
• Increase the number of students in the U-California system who come from Baldwin Village/Crenshaw neighborhoods.
• Increase the percentage of students from Baldwin Village/Crenshaw communities who graduate from 4-year colleges or universities.
• Expand and increase STEM program offerings.
• Increase the percentage of students from the BBCDC catchment area who graduate with university degrees in STEM fields.
• Form new partnerships with community and education leaders of local educational
BBCDC will continue to provide youth and families of the community access to experiences and opportunities that inspire proper preparation for our future leaders.